Anytime we live closely with someone our own desires, opinions and ideas will cause friction in that relationship. When you live in the same house this can literally be physical contact with each other. But most often the friction refers to the conflict of our will, attitude, emotions and opinions. These things rub against each other making it difficult to get along with your siblings.
So what do we do about this? Most of the world just throws up their hands in defeat claiming that it’s impossible for siblings to get along. Why even try? Siblings are doomed to a lifetime of fighting. That way of thinking is a lie. God has better plans for you and your siblings. The good news is He alone offers the help we need for what seems like an impossible task of loving our siblings and getting along with them.
Our goal in these pages is to focus on the truth we learned in the My Brother's Keeper Bible study, spend some time thinking about our feelings, and finally to use all of this to change the way we interact with our siblings each day through the accountability of a weekly challenge.
The 64-page digital journal is divided into 5 sections:
1. My Job as a Sibling is a review of your job and will serve as helpful information to fall back on when you need reminders. Do this section first before doing any of the pages in this book.
2. Sibling Scripture is a collection of the best Bible verses for helping you to become a better sibling. These are meant to be colored as you meditate on and memorize them. Do one of these pages per week once you start the sibling challenge to help you stay focused.
3. Journal will help you think through some of the biggest problems we face as siblings. Do one of these pages every so often, especially on days when you struggle.
4. Sibling Challenge is the part of this book that will help you grow the most. After you have completed section 1, go ahead and begin working on the challenge. Each page is designed to cover one week and help you really focus in on serving and loving your siblings. There is also a place to record your thoughts and results for the week.
5. Resources is the place to come when you need ideas. You'll find lists of information you can use to help you with your goal of serving and loving your siblings.
Is this something we should do as a family?
This journal is intended for individual use. Although you might talk about it as a family, each child should have their own journal to work in and should be encouraged to complete the challenge on their own.
What ages is this for?
This journal is recommended for children old enough to read and write on their own. It is especially valuable in the pre-teen and teenage years!
Do we have to complete the Bible study first?I recommend you complete the sibling Bible study first as a means of laying a strong foundation. However, it's not required.
Get 10% off your first order when you join our community. We know you'll love the savings, plus the weekly encouragement, ideas and inspiration.