Free shipping on US orders over $75
The Sibling Challenge Journalis the perfect tool to help your kids learn to love their siblings and intentionally build healthy relationships.
We all know sibling relationships are hard. Anytime we live closely with someone our own desires, opinions, and ideas will cause friction in that relationship. But we can't give up! With God's help, we can use tools like this one to help us love well.
If you'd like a digital copy, instead of the softcover, please click here.
Want to see a SAMPLE of this product?
Our first step is to go through the Bible as a family and learn what God has to say about siblings. If you haven't had a chance to do that yet, please check out My Brother's Keeper first.
Once you've finished our Sibling Bible study, it's time to put what you learned into practice. That's where the Sibling Challenge Journal comes in. You'll review your jobs as a sibling, journal to resolve conflict, meditate on helpful verses, and challenge yourself each week.
This is one of our family's favorite ways to grow sibling relationships!
1. My Job as a Sibling is a review of your job and will serve as helpful information to fall back on when you need reminders. Do this section first before doing any of the other pages in this book.
2. Sibling Scripture is a collection of the best Bible verses for helping you to become a better sibling. These are meant to be colored as you meditate on and memorize them. Do one of these pages per week once you start the sibling challenge to help you stay focused.
3. Journal will help you think through some of the biggest problems we face as siblings. Do one of these pages every so often, especially on days when you struggle.
4. Sibling Challenge is the part of this book that will help you grow the most. After you have completed section 1, go ahead and begin working on the challenge. Each page is designed to cover one week and help you really focus on serving and loving your siblings. There is also a place to record your thoughts and results for the week.
5. Resources is the place to come when you need ideas. You'll find lists of information you can use to help you with your goal of serving and loving your siblings.
Is this something we should do as a family?
This journal is intended for individual use. Although you might talk about it as a family, each child should have their own journal to work in and should be encouraged to complete the challenge on their own.
You'd be surprised what a difference just ONE kid who is interested in working on their sibling relationships will do for the whole environment in your home!
What ages is this for?
This journal is recommended for children old enough to read and write on their own. It is especially valuable in the pre-teen and teenage years!
Do we have to complete the Bible study first?
I recommend you complete the sibling Bible study first as a means of laying a strong foundation. However, it's not required.
Some of the junior one was too wordy for my 5 year old, but that’s my bad for trying to apply to middle age one to him.
Maybe I should have tried to have my middle kids do theirs, and my 5 year old do the youngest one - or visa versa.
But working on a budget this works fine!
Glad we got it!
God is good. This is good!
Thank you for creating it!
My girls have loved this journal. They love all the blanks to fill in and all the coloring pictures. As a mother, I love all the character building that they are being challenged with. I love seeing them challenged to pick a new area to work in each week.
This study was our favorite. My two older girls and I completed the study. Both of my daughters had several “ah ha” moments when discussing the reasons we have siblings. ;) it was also great to purposefully think of ways to bless our siblings. And then actually do them! The kids felt encouraged to serve their siblings after this study daily. Thr serving wasn’t out of obligation but more as a “it’s better to give than receive” attitude.
We have do the My Brother’s Keeper Bible Study every time the kids need a reminder of their role. I thought this journal would be a great companion to that to keep their minds on God’s plan for that longer.
It is a beautiful journal and my
kids have really enjoyed using it. It has def kept them in the right frame of loving and serving their siblings. It has a variety of pages and choices of things to do and lots of great prompts.
I also gave it to my neice along with the T-shirt, bracelet and study and she really thought it was a great gift.